... easing into semi-retirement, having lots of creative adventures and enjoying being a (relatively) new Granny.

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Morning Page

Today's word is CANNON.

I can think of nothing to write about cannon, at least, nothing that comes readily to mind.
However, I have seen one of the cannon from Captain Cook's ship the Endeavour. Apparently the ship ran aground on a coral reef in Northern Queensland and several cannon were thrown overboard in an attempt to refloat it. These cannon were retrieved from the seabed some 200 years later and were restored.In the early 1970's at least one of these cannon was donated to the National Library and ultimately housed there. I imagine that this is still there but maybe such artefacts have now been donated to the National Museum of Australia. When I saw this cannon as a young 20 year old I'm sure I was not impressed by the history I was seeing; it is only now that I value that experience.

I am distracted this morning, planning in my head what time I will have to leave here on Thursday morning to have plenty of time before my flight from Canberra, what clothes I need to pack, must check the weather forecast for Hobart etc. etc.I am also aware of noisy vehicles starting up outside - as the weather gets cooler I think some vehicles need warming up before they can be driven so I hear the monotonous drone of engines seemingly for hours as I try to concentrate on my writing.


STONES
Renewed interest in blog
Fuels creative urges
As a mini Artist Date
Promises more to come.

SWS (On Tuesday)
Forgotten skills remembered
As blog is resurrected. 

Forgotten skills flood back to blog resurrection.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment