... easing into semi-retirement, having lots of creative adventures and enjoying being a (relatively) new Granny.

Monday 25 February 2013

Midnight the black cat

 

I was taken in by my adopted family when they finally noticed me lurking in their front yard. After no one claimed me I was named Midnight by the youngest child.

Life in my seaside home was exciting: not many other cats, no pesky dogs to harrass me and the kind mother always left the bedroom window ajar so I could come and go at night. Gradually the children warmed to me and even the father was heard to remark on my superior mouse catching skills.

The noisy 2 legged bird-like creatures which lived in a large cage at night fascinated me. During the day I would idly watch them from my spot in the overgrown garden and over the weeks I concentrated on becoming a part of their landscape. Then I would casually saunter past them as they clucked busily in the undergrowth. As the days lengthened I would spend more time outside and even got to the point of walking along the netting roof of the chook yard, without them taking any notice of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment