... easing into semi-retirement, having lots of creative adventures and enjoying being a (relatively) new Granny.

Friday 3 April 2015

Roadblocks



Why do I have so much trouble actually writing down my exact thoughts at a particular time?
Is it that I automatically self censor as I write?
 
Perhaps this is why I prefer to handwrite so that I can censor as I go. 
Who knows?

I just know that I have to try and get more into the moment and write what is in my mind.

How can I do this?

I have tried to expand some of the stories I gave to Connie as she suggested, but all I have really done is made corrections and rewritten some small pieces to sound better. Still no teasing out of the initial writing to make it more meaningful.

Perhaps I need to sit here with the original story saved as a second copy and just let myself get into the zone where I can keep on writing and writing, even without checking what I am writing, exactly as I am doing at the moment.

I wonder if that would work.

I could also take my chosen word for the day and sit at the PC for 10 minutes just writing whatever comes into my head.
22.11.13

No comments:

Post a Comment