... easing into semi-retirement, having lots of creative adventures and enjoying being a (relatively) new Granny.

Wednesday 26 December 2012

28.2.12


Stream of consciousness – choose one word and write about it for 5 minutes.

BUTTERFLY

Flutters in the sunlight, brightly coloured. I have always loved butterflies. On my first visit to Brisbane aged 19 I was entranced by the beautiful butterflies in every garden. Their size and colours amazed me. 
Years later we went to the Melbourne Zoo to see the Chinese pandas but I most enjoyed the butterfly house. You could stand still and have them land on your hands, face, eyelids – just magical. It’s quite amazing to think that a beautiful butterfly comes from an unexceptional caterpillar. 
Ben had the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar which I loved to read to him. And now he tells me that he also loves butterflies. 
I bought a copy of that book for Millie when she was born and Amy tells me that she loves it because there is a little finger puppet inside which she always wants to kiss. Maybe she’ll also love butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment