... easing into semi-retirement, having lots of creative adventures and enjoying being a (relatively) new Granny.

Sunday 8 November 2015

2014 - my life long dream fulfilled

Day 1 - Sydney to Hong Kong

In late September 2014 I finally realised a long anticipated dream - to travel to Europe, especially to France, and more especially to Paris. My friend Wendy was my travelling companion and she brought along her well travelled friend TTTT (Trevor the Travelling Teddy.) In anticipation of boring friends with MILLIONS of photos on our return, I set up a Facebook page to share photos each day. This page was called Griswald Grannies Do Europe and was a great hit amongst our friends.



Trevor was ready before us, waiting patiently for Wendy's son Tim who was our trusty chauffeur to Sydney.











We stayed overnight in Sydney so that we could be at the airport with plenty of time to spare the next day. 

While waiting to depart Wendy took some basic French lessons from Trevor. He told me she was a good student but needed to keep practising.







After what seemed like the longest day we arrived in Hong Kong and I began my photo frenzy, snapping pics of the amazing ultra modern Hong Kong airport.





We were labelled (in case we wandered off?), very efficiently collected and delivered safely by mini bus 
to  our beautiful hotel the Eaton. 



A good night's sleep and a restful day in and around the hotel's luxury coffee shop prepared us for the next leg of our trip, overnight to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment