... easing into semi-retirement, having lots of creative adventures and enjoying being a (relatively) new Granny.

Wednesday 21 October 2015

What I know

"What do you know? Put in everything you know. Forget about what you do."
(Natalie Goldberg. Wild Mind p. 142)

What do I know? 
What is everything I know? 
How can I write it  all down in 20 minutes?

I know: 
  • that the sky is blue.
  • how to use a computer and trouble shoot basic problems.
  • how to drive a car and fill it with petrol.
  • about gardening, when to plant certain plants and how to protect some from the extremes of weather.
  • about companion planting.
  • a lot about my family history and I am keen to learn more.
  • how libraries work and I understand how much goes on in their management.
  • know about managing staff although I am not a manager (I prefer to be a cooperative underling).
  • about raising children and I know I would have been a more confident mother if I knew then what I know now.
  • about keeping pets, especially cats, as I have been responsible for quite a few in my adult life.


As I write this I begin to wonder how I know all of these things...
Some I have learnt because of an interest in the subject, some like parenting I have learnt out of necessity, and still others I have learnt almost by osmosis, by being around others like my parents and picking up knowledge.

I know that I have several strong food aversions - veal, rabbit, artichoke, offal; but now I wonder, "did I ever try these foods and dislike them or have I just made up my mind that they would be offensive?"

I did a Reiki training course recently and the teacher helped me to identify that I am not CLAIRVOYANT but rather CLAIRSENTIENT - I don't see things, I just know them. 

This discovery was a real "aha" moment for me because until then I had always wondered why I sometimes feel psychic but can never see the things I know are there.

 22.10.13


No comments:

Post a Comment